Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Love-Hate Affairs With Philippine Call Center


I live in the world's ideal business process outsourcing (BPO) country and yes, I've had my shares of call center stories because I've hopped from one Philippine call center to another.

My romance with the BPO industry began in 2004 when I got hired as a market researcher for an outbound call center. Back then, most people didn't entirely understand the concept of the call center industry.

Back then, most people think that call center agents are the new breed of telephone operators - transferring calls from one department to another. Right now, call center agents are the new breed of high-paying white-colllared professionals. Some people think that if you're in the call center, you're probably reeking more moolah than the average local store manager.

Working as a market researcher for an outbound call center I had my share of struggles. I was not accustomed to the work schedule. For eight hours, I had this funny accent. And I was getting frustrated with the expletives thrown at me almost every hour from the people we were calling! My affair with the outbound call center lasted several months and I decided to never step foot on a call center again.

My second love affair with the call center was in in 2005. I found myself again employed in another Philippines call center but this time, I was a tech support for an inbound customer service department of an American ISP provider. Again, I didn't last long. I didn't thought that TSRs required the longest of patience that anyone could have. Patience, at that moment, was something that I didn't have.

To sum it up, I've had short-lived love affairs with several Philippine call centers. My affairs with the call centers are short and tragic. If my affairs were lovestories, they never got to the point that you could say they were exciting or lasting.

But hey, guess what? I'm in a love-hate relationship with another call center company. I guess, I'm tied to the outsourcing world. :)

3 comments:

  1. wow! your post is beautifully done. you can see more information about call centers

    ReplyDelete
  2. My second love affair with the call center was in in 2005. I found levis boot cut
    myself again employed levis kæreste in another Philippines call center but levis jeans online this time, I was a tech support for an inbound customer levis lige service department of an American ISP provider. Again, I didn't last long. I didn't thought that TSRs required the longest of køb levis jeans patience that anyone could have. Patience, at that moment, was something that I didn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your help in describing this. Nice review! Also turn your attention that it needs to search for mobile software development companies if you need android apps development.

    ReplyDelete